1. Mac Stanley & Co. is on the hunt for an awesome Summer 2013 intern!
Mac Stanley & Co. is looking for a highly creative, smart, and ambitious designer with a strong sense of layout, color, and typography; a keen attention to detail and a passion for problem solving. This designer will be working directly with the creative director, potentially interfacing with clients, and getting first-hand experience in the daily workings of a small design studio in the creatively fueled Bywater neighborhood in New Orleans. Our projects range from print and editorial design to web and interactive; photography knowledge is a plus as you will get first hand experience in product photography shoots & editing. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Position is a full-time, in-house freelance Summer Intern.
- A killer portfolio showcasing creative work across a variety of mediums (web, print, branding, illustration)
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Design knowledge and understanding of HTML, DHTML, & CSS is a major plus – working knowledge of these is a super major plus
- Strong interest in design for both print and web (up on the latest web and interactive trends and technologies)
- Self-motivated and organized
- Independent, reliable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and hit deadlines and work on a diverse scope of design projects
To apply, please send resume and link to online portfolio to: email@example.com
Mac Stanley & Co. is seeking a seasoned developer to work with our small web team. We are a New Orleans-based, DIY, boutique sized design agency, and we’re looking for someone who is obsessed with the details, a stickler for clean code, fast performance, and elegant UI; always striving to be on the leading edge of emerging technologies, trends and standards, browser capabilities, compatibility issues, standards compliance and accessibility issues.
This position not only entails development, testing, deployment and maintenance of web projects, but also working alongside the Creative Director on project planning & wireframing, new biz estimating, writing briefs, and managing workloads & delivery schedules. You will be called upon to act as the resident web expert, providing our clients with a clear understanding of our capabilities and insight as to how they can better improve their web presence.
Required Skills & Proficiencies:
- Experience working with content management systems (Wordpress is our CMS of choice)
- Cross-browser compatibility and standards
- Adobe CS4/5 Creative Suite
- SEO best practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Mobile/web applications
- Responsive design experience
How to apply:
Shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Resume and a link to your online portfolio and/or links to projects you’ve worked on
- Years of programming experience
- Desired hourly rate
- Availability to start (bonus points if in the New Orleans area and able to work from our Bywater studio)